In Brief: Phi Theta Kappa collaborates on “The Art of HOPE” exhibit; Visiting Writer event; 91st annual Key to the County Homecoming Game; Fall Music Performances
- Phi Theta Kappa, a student-run honors club at Fullerton College, is collaborating with Hope University to present “The Art of HOPE,” an exhibit and silent auction. The Hope University is a nonprofit organization aiming to “transform the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities through the arts.” The exhibit will consist of original work from 20 Hope University artists, and all proceeds will directly benefit their programs and artists. A closing reception will be held on Saturday, November 23 from 6 to 10 pm.
- Hibbleton Gallery is located at 223 W. Santa Fe Avenue, Fullerton.
- The Humanities Division is hosting a series of Visiting Writer events on Wednesday, November 13, and Thursday, November 14. On Wednesday, November 13, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm, young-adult-fiction author Corrine Jackson will be the featured guest in the Campus Theatre, where she will read excerpts from her novels,Touched and If I Lie. Special musical guests will begin the evening and Jackson’s books will be on sale. Tickets are $6.50 and include a book signing after the general discussion. The next day, Jackson will hold an Open Forum from 3 to 4 pm in room 521. Admission is free and classes are welcome.
- The 91st annual “Key to the County” Homecoming game between Fullerton College and Santa Ana College will be played on Saturday, November 16 at 1 pm at Yorba Linda High School. A halftime ceremony will be held to honor legendary trainer Bill Chambers. Admission is $8 for general admission, $6 for seniors (62+), and free admission for children under 10.
- The Music Department has put together an exciting line-up of performances for the month of November. To view performance times and ticket prices visit:http://music.fullcoll.edu/
- Men’s and Women’s Chorale, Wednesday, November 6, Directed by John Tebay, Eric Hansen and Dr. Dawn Brooks
- Big Band and J Train , Tuesday, November 12, Directed by Jamie Shew and Bruce Babad
- Jazz Combos, Thursday, November 14, Directed by Mike Scott, Dr. Joe Jewell, and Bruce Babad
- Applied Piano Student Recital, Friday, November 15
- Applied Voice Recital, Sunday, November 17, 2013
- Woodwind Ensemble, Monday, November 18, 2013, Directed by Maggie Worsley
- Classical Guitar Recital, Tuesday, November 19, Directed by Mike Scott
- Cabana Boys , Friday, November 22, to Saturday, November 23, Directed by Greg Woll
- Symphony, Monday, November 25, 2013, Directed by Dean Anderson
- Synergy Vocal Jazz and Lab Band, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, Directed by Jamie Shew and Greg Woll