ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 26, 2017
Case # 17NF1941
FULLERTON, Calif. – The Brea Police Department (BPD) and the Orange County District Attorney’s Office (OCDA) are seeking potential additional victims of a foster youth law center case manager who is charged with having unlawful sex with a 16-year-old dependent minor and bribing her to recant her statements.
Defendant: Morris Leroi Brinker III, 31, Corona
Charged on July 19, 2017, with the following felony counts:
- Unlawful sexual intercourse
- Dissuading witness from reporting crime
- Bribery of a witness
Prior Prison Convictions
- Second degree robbery and shooting at an inhabited dwelling in San Bernardino in 2005
Maximum Sentence: 14 years and eight months in state prison
Pre-trial hearing: Nov. 3, 2017, 8:00 a.m. at Department N-3, North Justice Center, Fullerton
Bail: $1 million
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, Brinker was employed as a case manager with the Children’s Law Center of California, whose staff represent foster children who have been abused or neglected and are involved with the Los Angeles County Dependency Court systems.
- The victim’s case was assigned to the defendant, and he was in a position of trust with access to minors.
- On June 29, 2017, Brinker is accused of having unlawful sex with 16-year-old Jane Doe in a parking lot in Brea.
- The crime was reported to BPD detectives, who investigated this case and arrested Brinker at his home in Corona on July 3, 2017.
- After the defendant posted bail and was released from custody, he is accused of dissuading Jane Doe from testifying and attempting to bribe her.
On July 17, 2017, the defendant was again arrested by BPD in Fullerton.
After further investigation, BPD and OCDA believe there may be more victims. Anyone with additional information or who believes they may be a victim is asked to contact Brea Police Detectives at 714-671-4438.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Shiba Etemadian, Sexual Assault Unit
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson