By Laura Perdew
LUNG FORCE is a national movement led by the American Lung Association with a singular mission: to unite everyone to stand together against lung cancer and for lung health. Through the LUNG FORCE Walk, participants can harness the collective power of many to make a difference for loved ones, and to be the voice for everyone who is touched by lung disease.
Join the Orange County LUNG FORCE Walk on Nov. 8, at William R. Mason Regional Park, 18712 University Dr. in Irvine. Join in the chorus, “We are a force to be reckoned with. We stand together, and we walk together, for our breath—for our lives.”
LUNG FORCE encourages Orange County residents to be a part of the fight to save lives. Only a force of many can stand up to these facts:
– Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of women, surpassing breast cancer in 1987.
– More than two-thirds of lung cancer diagnoses are people who have never smoked or are former smokers.
– More than 33 million Americans suffer from chronic lung disease.
– Asthma is the #1 chronic disease of children.
– Nearly 80 percent of Californians live in counties affected by unhealthy air.
To learn more, …read more
Source: Fullerton Chamber of Commerce