A day after being found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter and excessive force in the death of Kelly Thomas, Jay Cicinelli told the Orange County Register he wants to return to his former job and will take the legal steps necessary to try to make that happen. Cicinelli, 41, was fired in July 2012, about a year after his involvement in the July 5, 2011, confrontation between Thomas and police officers at the Fullerton Transportation Center that resulted in Thomas’ death.
There is NO WAY the community can stand for this! Cicinelli may have been excused by a lame jury but we saw what he did to Kelly Thomas – it was captured on video. Nobody wants this guy back in a police uniform – in Fullerton or anywhere else.
Now is the time to send a message to the Fullerton City Council – please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mayor Doug Chaffee can be reached at email@example.com and at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor Pro Tem Greg Sebourn can be reached at email@example.com
- Council Member Jennifer Fitzgerald can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and at email@example.com
- Council Member Jan M. Flory can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and at email@example.com
- Council Member Bruce Whitaker can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Dan Hughes can be reached at email@example.com
- City Manager Joe Feltz may be reached at JoeF@ci.fullerton.ca.us
The people of Fullerton need to take a stand! We can’t reverse what that jury did but we need to stop the City of Fullerton’s Police Department from rehiring Cicinelli!