Week of November 18, 2013
· The closing reception for “The Art of HOPE” exhibit will be held on Saturday, November 30 from 6-10 pm at the Hibbleton Gallery. Phi Theta Kappa, a student-run honors club at Fullerton College, collaborated with Hope University to present “The Art of HOPE,” an exhibit and silent auction. The Hope University is a nonprofit organization aiming to “transform the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities through the arts.” The exhibit consists of original work from 20 Hope University artists, and all proceeds will directly benefit their programs and artists. Hibbleton Gallery is located at 223 W. Santa Fe Avenue, Fullerton.
· Fullerton College defeated Santa Ana College this weekend in the 91st annual “Key to the County” Homecoming game and ended their regular season undefeated. The win marks the 8th consecutive year that Fullerton College has held the key. The #1 Hornets (10-0 overall, 6-0 conference) will play #5 College of the Canyons on Saturday, November 23 at Yorba Linda High’s Shapell Stadium. Kickoff is at 1 pm. Tickets are $8 for general admission, $6 for seniors (62+) and free for children under 10 years.
· The Theatre Department will present The Diary of Anne Frank, from Thursday – Sunday, December 5-8 in the Campus Theatre. In this gripping new adaptation by Wendy Kesselman, from the original stage play by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett, newly discovered writings from the diary of Anne Frank, as well as survivor accounts, are interwoven to create a contemporary impassioned story of the lives of people persecuted under Nazi rule. This is an adaptation allows a new generation able to confront the true horrors of the Holocaust. Advance purchase tickets are $12.50, tickets purchased the night of are $15. To view performance times visit, http://fcfinearts.fullcoll.edu/division/events_detail.asp?calendarid=602E34F1784D.
· The Music Department has put together an exciting line-up of performances for the fall. To view performance times and ticket prices visit: http://music.fullcoll.edu/season/calendar.asp
· Cabana Boys
Friday, November 22 to Saturday, November 23 at 8 pm
Monday, November 25 at 8 pm
· Synergy Vocal Jazz and Lab Band
Tuesday, November 26 at 8 pm
· Symphonic Winds
Thursday, December 5 at 8 pm
· A Holiday Concert
Friday, December 6 at 8 pm
· Electronic Music Ensemble
Monday, December 9 at 8 pm
· Jerry’s Kids FC Brass Ensembles
Tuesday, December 10 at 7 pm
· Percussion Ensemble
Thursday, December 12 at 8 pm
For more information, please contact Stephanie Reyna, Marketing & Outreach Assistant, at 714.732.5054 or via email at email@example.com.